Parabens are funky.
They, well, have a bad reputation for disrupting our bodies balance. They are used to prevent nasty stuff like bacteria, mold and fungus from growing in a product, which is great, but think about this: they stay in our bodies.
Consider yourself a department store… this known chemical is stored in all of our departments like our liver, kidneys and lymphatic systems. Yikes!
So here are the main problems with parabens:
- They are deemed xenoestrogens. Yes, I know, that’s a mouthful. But basically what that means is parabens are agents that some believe may mimic estrogen in the body. The body recognizes it as estrogen, so it treats it as such. “Endocrine disruptors” has been linked to reproductive issues and even breast cancer.
- Parabens have also been found present in malignant breast tumors, leading many experts to recommend limits on paraben levels in products.
- To put the icing on this cake of funk – researchers also worry that if parabens can be stored in the body, eventually over time they can have a snowball effect and pose future health risks.
The good news? There are plenty of options out there for products that are WTF – Without The Funk!
And don’t be fooled by what you hear, paraben free products are just as effective.
We use non paraben preservatives, so the product is preserved and there is no particular concern about an expiration date.
Kiss My Face has paraben free moisturizers AND we make them the clean way.
There is one for everyone in every department too!
- Olive & Aloe, for basic and sensitive skin
- Lavender, Patchouli & Coconut for the distinct individual
- and Fragrance Free for those who want to smell more natural.
Try one, what’s the worst that can happen? XO
You can read more about the natural ingredients that Kiss My Face uses – and the chemical compounds we don’t use – in our FREE eBook, “Green Goddess Ingredient Guide.”