Does Kiss My Face have the cleanest and best packaging of any personal care company ever? Well, since I don’t know what goes on behind-the-scenes at every personal care company I can’t really be sure of that answer. But let me make my case for Kiss My Face™:
Working to make our packaging as clean as we can.
You know all about how Kiss My Face works to make our products as clean as they can be. Why put bad stuff on your body or in your mouth? Well, why put that good and clean stuff into packaging with BPA and phthalates? BPA is the industrial chemical bisephonal A.
The Mayo Clinic’s website says “Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children.” It suggests steps that can reduce your exposure. All Kiss My Face bottles, tubes and cans are now certified by their manufacturers to be BPA and phthalate free. Clean products in clean packages.
Almost all Kiss My Face bottles, tubes and cans are sourced from North America (the United States and Canada). This is important in a few ways:
- Fighting global warming. We think it takes a lot more fossil fuels to bring packaging to our plants here in the United States from China than it does to bring that packaging from neighboring States or Canada.
- Insuring that the humans producing our products are treated appropriately. Quite simply, as a smaller company, we can’t adequately supervise or observe the human conditions of manufacturing plants in China. So we decided we simply needed to source these products closer-to-home, and from countries with a regulatory infrastructure that helps insure the humans making our bottles, tubes and cans are treated appropriately.
- 80% recycled paper, printed with soy ink—that’s our single bars of soap. Every one of our single bar olive oil and coconut bars of soap are wrapped in 80% recycled paper with soy ink printing. The 3-packs of bar soap? That plastic wrap is recyclable. And the paperboard cartons our toothpaste comes in is made from 100% recycled fiber.
- Speaking of recycled, we try to make our bottles and tubes as recyclable as possible. Our moisturizer bottles are made with 25% recycled plastics. The same is true for our trigger spray sunscreen bottles. We strive to put our products in the most recyclable plastics—the #’s 1 and 2.
- Lots of packaging with recycled content. There needs to be a place for recycled plastics and metals to go. At Kiss My Face, we do our part. All of our continuous spray sunscreen and deodorant cans are made with 25% recycled steel.
Now, I don’t really know if Kiss My Face has the cleanest and best packaging ever. I don’t know that—but, I sure can’t think of anyone who has put more care and thought in to clean and earth-friendly packaging than Kiss My Face.